We are a caring church in the heart of our community with the community in our hearts, and we invite you to come worship with us!
Holy Week at St. Stephen’s
Join us as we enter into Holy Week, the most sacred time in the life of the Church. Each service builds on the momentum and the story of the last as the events of the Holy Triduum (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter) unfold around us. Learn more about each of these services and come on by–all are welcome!
- Palm Sunday – April 13: 8am spoken service & 10am service with choir, in which we celebrate Jesus’ final entry into Jerusalem with song and a palm leaf procession
- Maundy Thursday – April 17: 7pm service in which we celebrate Jesus’ last meal with the disciples
- Good Friday – April 18: 8-12pm East Haddam Cross Walk & 7pm Service in which we observe the crucifixion of Jesus, followed by a Bread & Broth Supper
- Easter Sunday – April 20: Celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord with joyous worship at 8am & 10am! Our choir will sing in songs of celebration on this happy day at both services!
- 8:00am: A simple, spoken service (Rite I)
- 10:00am: A lively, family-friendly service with choir and organ (Rite II)
We are a caring church in the heart of our community with the community in our hearts, and we invite you to come worship with us.
You will find big ideas in our parish, though we are small. Our programs reach out to every age group and succeed in touching all.
We aren’t of one mind but we are of one spirit. We are diverse in our interests yet unified in our purpose.
Our parishoners care that God’s love reaches all, and make this apparent to each other and to those we greet for the first time.
We invite you to stay with us and share in our celebration of God’s presence in our lives.
- The Reverend Adam Yates, Rector
- Glenn Brielmann and Debby Duncan, Wardens